Every home has a kitchen. I mean, we don’t hunt anymore for food, right? The only thing that we hunt for nowadays is the best kitchen appliances.
Every home with a kitchen will have a stove for cooking. Doesn’t matter if it is ceramic, gas, or just a convection, it is always there. If you have it then you have to deal with all those fumes, greases, smoke, and other smelly gases that come out of the stove.
Until and unless you take the help of a microwave or an OTG, those smells and gases are your companions for life.
Your Ultimate Helping Hand In The Kitchen: Choosing The Best Range Hood
Well, not anymore as you have some of the best range hoods for you. These amazing products are the best solution to have a stylish and helpful aid to ward off the smoke and fumes. If you are out looking for one, then you might do so, with care because, why not? After all, you want the best of the products, right?
Don’t worry because we shall help you out with that. Here are some of the important factors that you need to keep in mind whenever you are out selecting a Range Hood.
- Duct-Free or Vented
This is something that you have to keep in mind like all the time. Selecting the type that you want is really important. While most people want the vented range hood, there are some who go for the duct-free ones.
You should choose a ductless range hood when you won’t be able to fit a vent to the chimney of your kitchen. What it does is it takes the gases, runs them through a filter and then brings it back to the kitchen.
- The Type That You Want
Apart from the over cabinet types, there are two other options for range hoods. These are the under cabinet ones and the wall chimney ones. For an under cabinet option you need to place the model in the bottom area of the wall cabinet. The chimney hood is an option that most people use if they do not have a cabinet.
- CFM (Cubic Feet/Minute)
For everyone who is looking for the best range hoods, the width of a range top is really essential. Most people go for the smaller range hoods but the capturing capacity for these range hoods is not that high. This means that your range hood will perform poorly and as a result, you will have a smelly and smoke-filled kitchen.
CFM or the cubic feet/ minute is one of the most important factors that you need to keep in mind when selecting a particular range hood. The CFM of the air that the range hood can exhaust is an important criterion for sure. The more airflow, the more will be the venting.
- Installation Ease
An installer that is capable of doing the job itself is a good installer. Make sure that you check for all the signs that suggest that the range hood is easy to install. You don’t want to spend all day installing the range hood now, do you? Also, make sure that there is a lot of space between the hood and the cooking surface.
- Type Of The Filter
The range hoods are all equipped with either one of the filters. These are the charcoal filters and the metal filters. The metal filters are used mostly for the vented range hoods and they don’t really need much maintenance. All you have to do is wash them regularly. However, the charcoal filters are the ones that need more attention. Whether it is replacement or cleaning, you need to take extra care in case of the charcoal filters.
- Motors And Blowers
The numbers of the motors and the blowers that are present in the range hood are also an important factor that you need to consider. These blowers and the motors are the ones that will decide the speed of the fan in the range hoods. There are options for sped control in some motors, so you need to take care of that as well.
Best Range Hood Reviews of 2018
Well, now that you know what to look for in a range hood, why not search one for your own kitchen. There are some amazing options in the market, people. Don’t worry, we got your back. We have got some amazing names on the list of the best range hoods that will make your choice even easier.
1. Zephyr 30″ Power Typhoon Series Under Cabinet Range Hood (Most Popular Range Hood)
The Zephyr 30″ Power Typhoon Series Under Cabinet Range Hood is one of the best in the range hood list that we have. With amazing features and a really popular name, this product is the most-opted option in the market. What works for the range hood is the amazing and strikingly beautiful design which comes with a stainless steel finish. What more do you want?
- Ultra quiet, a feature of noise leveling
- Filter-less system for self-cleaning
- Residue cups that are dishwasher safe
- Blower GFM control features attached
- Under-cabinet type with stainless steel finish
- Turbine design for the blades
- Zero noise features make it quiet and friendly range hood
- The turbine design for the blade is a good quality
- Blowers can be adjusted
- Some people have experienced troubles with the installation process, other than that everything works well.
2. XtremeAir Ultra Series UL10-U30 Under Cabinet Hood (Most Stylish Range Hood)
This is another one of the great cabinet range hoods that are of the under-cabinet type. This US-made product comes from a very reputable company and is known all over the world for its amazing features. What work for the product is the stylish design and the powerful motors! Grab this one right now, people!
- USA-made and assembled product that comes with a sleek design
- Under-cabinet type of range hood for the users
- The blowers are of squirrel cage type
- Stainless steel, non-magnetic
- 30-inch range hood for great performance
- 10-year warranty for the motor
- Very easy to clean
- Has a powerful system for proper ventilation
- It has a very powerful motor that makes less noise and works well
- The LED lights often start to flicker which can be a problem for some people
- The exhaust fans don’t work as properly as they should
3. Broan 413004 ADA Capable Non-Ducted Under-Cabinet Range Hood (Most Affordable Range Hood)
Are you searching for a budget-friendly range hood? Then this is the product for you. We all know about the very famous Broan range hood and that it offers the most affordable products. Even if the price is low, the features don’t lack behind in excellence. This is one of the best range hoods that can be used to ward off the kitchen smells.
- Duct-less under cabinet range hood which, 30-inches
- Comes with a charcoal filter
- Protective lamp lenses
- 75W bulbs
- ASA-compliant range hood has got a great performance record
- It comes with light switches and Rocker-type of fans
- Hemmed bottom along with the mitered sites
- 18 inches height above the cooktop
- Stylish design makes it a popular product
- The stainless steel finish is another good quality
- Safety features installed for protection
- Easy to install and clean
- Lack of small single filter can be a trouble
- Not as much suction
- The charcoal filter is a bit tough to clean
4. BV Stainless Steel 30″ Under Cabinet Ducted Range Hood (Most User-Friendly Range Hood)
What can we say more about the amazing high-end range hood that comes with the name of BV International? Well, this product definitely does the speaking for itself as the modern design along with the impressive features is all that you could ask for. Try it out once and you will know exactly why this name is on our list of the best range hoods.
- Dual motors come along with a push-button system of fan control
- 2 watts illumination assistance
- 2 high-intensity LED lights
- Stainless steel finishes which come along with an additional oil tray
- 18 gauge body
- Dimensions: 30L” x 22W” x 10H”
- ETIL and cUL rated product
- 3-year warranty available
- The product is very easy to remove
- Comes with an additional oil tray that is easy to clean
- Comes with several guarantees for better performance
- Power and energy saver illumination options
- There are some problems with the LED light bulbs
- The filters have to rust after some time of use
- The noise control is not that good
5. Kitchen Bath Collection STL75-LED Wall-Mounted Kitchen Range Hood (Most Efficient Range Hood)
The collection of Kitchen bath brings you one of their top-quality products with some unique features. So, what’s special about this range hood? Well, it is the double duty system that works both as a recirculating and a vented range hood.
- High intensity LED lights
- Touch screen panel for controlling
- The product also has charcoal filters fitted
- 3 settings for different types of speed
- Adjustable chimney comes with two different pieces
- Ventless installation
- Doesn’t require any kit
- Very easy to install as it is ventless
- Charcoal filters come with additional benefits
- Easy to use and attach, flexible
- Cannot be mounted in a ceiling
6. Broan QS130BL 220 CFM Under Cabinet Hood (The Quietest Range Hood)
We had to include this in our list of the best range hoods as this is a worthy product. With the high-quality design and the budget-friendly price, this product comes under the top favorite list of the people. Flexibility and quietness is the forte of this amazing range hood.
- Certified by HVI 2100 and a quieter option
- 5 sones for high settings, 1.5 sones for normal settings
- Micro-mesh, dishwasher safe filters
- 2 different speeds of the rocker switched
- Sleek and clean appearance
- Adjustable connectors for the ducts
- Easy to install
- Dishwasher safe filters are very easy to clean
- 50% quieter range hood
- Excellent services
- The lights do not work as efficiently as they are supposed to
7. Tatsumaki 30″ 3 Speed Setting Range Hood (Most Comfortable Range Hood)
This particular product makes it to the list of the best range hoods because it has a sleek and strikingly beautiful design. However, that doesn’t mean that it is not efficient enough. The amazing range hood really makes for a classy and powerful choice. What are you waiting for people? Get the deal right now.
- Extremely powerful suction courtesy of the 2 motors
- 750 CFM provides great performance
- Specially designed and assembled a system for capturing oil, odor, and grease
- Additional grease container
- Stainless steel finishes to the slim and sleek design
- 3 different settings for the speed
- Auto-shut option for the blower
- The product is easy to install
- The grease container is very easy to clean
- The quiet motors make it an even better option for users
- Dishwasher safe components
- Halogen lights are not that bright
- The product is smaller than required
The Final Verdict
Those who are fine with paying little extra bucks for best range hoods, the Zephyr Typhoon are the best options. The amazing features and the noise-free function makes up for the high price. Apart from that, the Tatsumaki Range hood is also a great addition due to its comfortable working and smaller design. This can be a perfect fit for the small kitchen.
However, not everything that is good has a high cost, right? The perfect example for that is Broan 413004. It might not be able to compare itself with the durability and efficiency of Typhoon, but it definitely works well given its budget. There are the other options as well and it totally depends on your choice and requirements that you want from your range hoods.
So, these were some of the best range hoods that you could definitely try in order to ward off the unwanted smoke and oil. Make your kitchen a smoke and oil-free one with these examples of the best range hoods.