DEWALT DW618B3 is a highly sophisticated router which caters to all of your wood working needs and will leave you asking for more.
This router has all the features which you can expect in a best-selling router. It has been provided with an additional D-handle, a clear sub-base and 1/4″ and 1/2″ collets. This model offers more safety as compared to other models in the market as it has been fitted with two knob handles.
The D-handle which has been provided with this model is an added advantage and the handle has been fitted with power switch, so it is easy to operate. This is combo router kit that proves it to be exceptional in terms of quality and efficiency. The router has both fixed and plunge bases which allow it to handle a range of routing tasks.
What makes it different?
1. Amazing Power:
It has been provided with 12 Amp 2-1/4 Horsepower motor that provides sufficient power to handle even the toughest jobs.
2. Different Speeds:
It is a speed router that produces a speed range of between 8000 to 24000 RPM to adjust to the various materials and cutters used during the routing process.
It is different since it has an easy-to-switch plunge, fixed and D-handle bases.
4. Depth Adjustment:
The fixed and D-handle base has been provided with Depth Adjustment Ring and the Plunge base has a Depth Adjustment Rod. This makes it easy to make fine adjustments.
5. Clear LEXAN sub-base:
This ensures maximum visibility, enhanced base durability and is compatible with temperate bushings.
What makes it easy to use?
- It has been provided with an easy to switch between the three bases and each has a locking lever for holding the motor firmly in position.
- This router has an easy to reach plunge lever and switch that makes it perfect for superior control of the tool when routing.
- It comes with a 5-position adjustable turret stop that helps when handling the steps or repeated plunge cuts.
- This router has an auto-release collet which provides better retention.
- The Cord set has been located carefully and the right and left switch ensure easy control and operation.
- It has been provided with rubber over-molded handles and low center of gravity that ensures comfort, stability and easy control.
Some Other Key Features:
- The router has been provided with dust-sealed switch blocks dust and other particles and guarantees a longer switch life.
- The flat top makes it easy to change bits and adjust the depth of various parts.
- Aluminium base has been provided with this router and motor housing will help in stability.
- It comes with a detachable cord set.
- The router has 3 bases (D-handle, Fixed, and Plunge base) for maximum usability.
- The motor provided by the router can handle the toughest of jobs.
- Depth adjustment system helps in depth cuts and various adjustments.
- Speed varies from 8,000 to 24,000 which make it easier for the user to use it to its full potential.
- The startup system reduces torque.
- The three bases that are provided are difficult to operate.
- It is very challenging to use wrenches for bit removal.
- The spindle is very difficult to hold and is a bit of a hassle.